In this section.....
Cranfield Airport is a designated Customs Airport but is not an approved port of entry under immigration legislation and therefore the notification requirements for international and Common Travel Area (CTA) flights apply.
Flights originating from either the EU or the Common Travel Area must complete a General Aviation Report (GAR) form prior to arrival (downloadable here).
The notification periods are :
- From/To EU - minimum 4 hours notice.
- From/To CTA (between the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man) - minimum 12 hours notice.
After completion, the forms should be sent via email to Cranfield Airport Handling firstname.lastname@example.org from where we will be happy to forward on to the relevant authorities on your behalf.
Outside normal handling department operating hours (0800 to 1900 local time), please send your completed form to the following email addresses :
- Cranfield Airport Handling : email@example.com
- Cranfield Airport Briefing : firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK BA at Luton : email@example.com
- Luton H.M.Customs : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luton Special Branch : email@example.com
Guidelines for GAR form completion can be found here.
It is imperative that details submitted on the GAR form match exactly the passport or ID card that passengers/crew will be carrying with them to avoid delays upon arrival at Cranfield.
On your arrival, providing all documents have been submitted prior to the date, your passengers will be able to disembark the aircraft and go on with their journey.