In this section.....
All personnel required to drive airside at Cranfield Airport must attend and complete an Airside Driving Course.
ADP Classifications :
- Type E - Escort Only.
- Type A - Aprons.
- Type M - Aprons and manoeuvring areas excluding runways.
- Type R - Runway including manoeuvring areas and aprons.
Course Content :
- Airfield topography.
- Safe working practices.
- Rules and regulations covering the airfield.
- Low visibility procedures.
- Aerodrome signs and markings.
The classroom instruction session includes powerpoint presentation.
Airside Driving Permit holders type E and A :
- Will then complete a short knowledge check question paper.
Airside Driving Permit holders type M and R :
- Will successfully complete a multiple choice exam to confirm that they have understood the training and that they recall the most important rules and regulations if driving airside.
- Will undertake a radiotelephony assessment.
- Will undertake a practical driving assessments
Course Durations :
Course durations will depend on the type of permit required but we suggest you allow between 2 and 4 hours. Refresher courses typically last 1 to 2 hours.
For more information, course availability or to book a course please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1234 754710.